Starting with Spring Cleaning in March, AgeSong at WoodPark moves into Cleaning & Organizing Tips to Ensure Safety, Fall Prevention and Good Infection Control! Nurse available to perform environmental assessments. Families, friends, and volunteers welcome. Special Thanks to Gail Ferguson, RN, MSN, Hospice Nurse Educator and Clinical Care Transitions Nurse, for organizing the Continuum Care Presentations AgeSong Gardens in Spring 2016.
Spring Cleaning & Organizing Tips – Arts & Crafts: Make Colorful Artistic Name Tags
April 2016 – Letting Go & Clean Fun in the Garden! Care Partner Support
- Snacks, Supplies, Materials , Support and Fun Provided!
Tues 3/22 11 am – 12 Noon: Spring Cleaning Presentation – For Community Members, family & friends
- 11 am – 11:30 am – Cleaning & Organizing Tips to Ensure Safety, Fall Prevention and Good Infection Control! Nurse available to perform environmental assessments.
- 11:30 am – 12 noon – Arts & Crafts – Community Members, family & friends make personalized Name Tags; Helps everyone get to know and remember each other better!
ü Materials provided to color, stickers to apply, glitter, etc to beautify and create artistic Name Tags while we have lots of fun!
ü Support available to ensure everyone has fun and leaves with an artistic, one of a kind Name Tag!
ü Supplies: Index cards, clip on clear name tag holder, color pens, crayons, markers, glitter pens, variety of small, fun, colorful stickers to apply to cards to decorate their one of a kind Name Tag with themes for males/females, nature, animals, sports, hearts, etc
Tues 3/26 11 am – 12 noon: Letting Go – For Community Members, family & friends.
- Tips provided to let go of items in their homes that are not serving them! Help Community Members identify all the things they really cherish and use!
- Support provided to help Community Members let go of clutter, trash, broken items, never used items, and more! You will simply love your new space!!! Clean Up Day!
Thurs 3/31 2 pm – 3pm: Spring Cleaning! – For Staff: Care Partners In-Service:
- 2 pm – 2:15 pm – Identify & Support Community Members to continue Spring Cleaning process; Remember gratitude for a simple, clean space, have great thanksgiving for a few, most precious items you cherish, love and use! Live clutter free forever! Pass on all items you have not used in the past 6 months! Support to help move items out.
- 2:15 pm – 2:30 pm – Grab a Grabber; and Let’s Go! Support Care Partners with education, tips and tools on how to identify ways to keep their environment; inside and outside, to ensure clean and safe setting for Community Members, and for everyone else, as well!!! Focus on infection control, safety.
- Repeat Class for 2nd Shift – 2:30 pm – 3 pm
April 2016 – Fun Garden Art Projects! Supplies & Materials provided!
Tues 4/5 at 11 am – 12 noon – Decorating small herb pot with colors, markers, stickers, glitter sticks,
Tues 4/12 at 11 am – 12 noon – Make colorful Garden drawing of Flowers to decorate Garden Wagon
Thurs 4/15 at 2 pm – 3 pm (2 shifts) Train Care Partners on The Garden Wagon: Bringing the Garden In
Tues 4/19 at 11 am – 12 noon – Decorate Garden Wagon & Create Decorated craft boxes for attractive and artistic storage
Tues 4/26 at 11 am – 12 noon – Making plant name labels on craft sticks w/ pencil and stickers & Finish creating on Craft Boxes
For more information, contact: Continuum Care Hospice 510 693-8973